- Registration opening soon.
- Class limited to 30 per session
- Cost: Complimentary to SDEC Members
- Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm Central
- Speaker – Chuck Mello (see bio below)
Online CE Training via Zoom – Click on each date to register:
The main objectives for this class are to:
- Review NEC requirements for transformers from Article 450
- Identify specific sections known to have installation issues in the field
- Understand the relationship of transformer overcurrent protection (450.3) and protection of feeder conductors to and from the transformer (240.4 and 240.21)
- Transformer installation for locations, proper ventilation, separation from combustible surfaces (indoor and outdoor), guarding, and conductor entry locations
- Grounding and bonding requirements for transformers
Tips for a successful online experience: (each participant who registers will receive emails on these topics).
- Download Zoom, check to make sure your microphone and camera are working on your desktop, laptop, tablet
- Click on the date you wish to register for above
- Sched – After you register you will receive a link to see course materials on Sched.
- WIFI – We recommend if available to use hard wire vs. wireless connection.
- Print out handouts in advance of the training from Sched
- Have your code book, calculator, notepad and pencil/pen at the training.
- Be ready to participant in the course and answer questions.
Chuck Mello, President and owner of cdcmello Consulting LLC providing electrical specialty training and engineering project consulting.
40+ years of field-testing and conformity assessment experience. Managed two NRTL laboratories, SEMI evaluations, CE Marking and Field Evaluation worldwide for over 35 years.
Developed and molded business unit model for conformity assessment business working with operations management as well as internal support departments for sales, marketing, human resources, information technology and accounting.
Past certified as Senior Engineering Technician (SET) in electrical power system testing by National Institute of Engineering Technologies (NICET).
Past certified as Test Technologist Level 4 by International Electrical Testing Association (NETA)
Active Colorado Master Electrician license number 28116. Has held masters and contractor’s licenses in City of New Orleans, State or Louisiana, State of New Mexico, State of Nevada.
Military experience: 5 years active duty and 15 years reserve, commissioned officer in U.S. Navy all in engineering assignments
President of Board of Directors for Eastmont Water Company, a local homeowner owned community water district 1996 to 2005
Nationally recognized speaker and trainer on the National Electrical Code and related documents with specialty in grounding, high voltage systems and equipment, electrical safety, and field evaluations of uncertified equipment.
Principle member NEC CMP 5 1996 to 2017
Primary author of present NFPA 790 and NFPA 791 documents relating to Field Evaluations and sitting UL Principle member on the NFPA EEE Technical Committed overseeing these documents.
Primary author for updates on Soares Book on Grounding 11th, 12th, 13th, and 14th editions. Contributing author for 6th through 10 editions.
International President of the International Association of Electrical Inspectors for 2011
Virtual Training – Transformers
Limit 30 per session.
Cost: Complimentary to SDEC members. Open to SDEC members only.
March 10 THIS DATE IS SOLD OUT